SLIM CHICKENS RESTAURANTS
SAUCE MADNESS PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
Sauce Madness Promotions (the “Promotion”) are offered by Slim Chickens Holdings, LLC (the “Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Individuals who participate in the Promotion are called an “Entrant” for the purposes of these official rules (the “Official Rules”).
- Eligibility to Enter. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Promotion is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia. Employees, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, franchisees, and owners of the Sponsor and their immediate family members and those individuals living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Past winners of other promotions and contests offered by Sponsor within the previous six (6) months and their immediate family members and those individuals living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion begins on March 19, 2019 and all entries must be completed and submitted by March 27, 2019; the Promotion ends April 8, 2019 (collectively, the “Promotion Period”).
- How to Enter. Entrants may enter the Promotion by accessing and completing the entry form at slimchickens.com/saucemadness (an “Entry”). Entrants must complete the entire Sauce Madness bracket – selecting a winner for each matchup in Rounds 1, 2, 3, and the Championship Matchup – and provide certain contact information to be eligible. PLEASE NOTE: all Entries must be received by Sponsor by 11:59pm CST on March 27, 2019 to be eligible to win any Prize (as defined below). LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. By submitting an Entry and participating in the Promotion, each Entrant is opting-in to receive Sponsor’s promotional and marketing emails and newsletters.
- Prizes; Odds of Winning.The Promotion features the following prizes (each, a “Prize”):
- Each Entrant that correctly selects the winner of the [Sauce Madness] Championship matchup will be entered into a random drawing where five people will receive a Coupon code for $25 good at slimchickensgear.com (the “Bracket Champion Prize”); and
- Each Entrant that correctly selects the winner for all of the matchups – a perfect bracket – will be entered into a random drawing where one person will receive free Slim Chickens for a year, represented by a Slim Chickens Gift Card for $1,040 (the “Perfect Bracket Prize”).
NOTE: “free Slim Chickens for a year” and all similar language in connection with the Sauce Madness Promotion is intended to refer and will be limited to the Perfect Bracket Prize.
The odds of selecting the winner of the [Sauce Madness] Championship matchup are 1:16. The odds of correctly selecting the winner for all of the matchups – a perfect bracket – are 1:32,768 winning. The odds of winning the Bracket Champion Prize or Perfect Bracket Prize depend on the number of entries are entered into the random drawing for each prize.
- Selection of Matchup Winners; Requirements for Promotion Winners. Sponsor or its representative will randomly select the winners of each matchup in the [Sauce Madness] bracket according to the following schedule:
- Winners for Round 1 matchups – March 28, 2019;
- Winners for Round 2 matchups – March 29, 2019;
- Winners for Round 3 matchups – April 6, 2019; and
- Winner of the Championship matchup – April 8, 2019.
The random selection of matchup winners will be posted via Instagram Story on each of the selection dates set out above via Sponsor’s Instagram account, accessible at www.instagram.com/slimchickens.
Limit one (1) Prize per person, per household. A winner of the Perfect Bracket Prize will not also be awarded a Bracket Champion Prize. Notification for all Prize winners will occur within thirty (30) days after the close of the Promotion Period. All winners will be required to complete and return to Sponsor an identity verification form and a liability and publicity release provided by Sponsor within five (5) days after being notified and before being awarded a Prize, or the Prize will be forfeited. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any Entrant from winning a Prize if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Entrant’s Entry is incomplete or ineligible in any way. NO PRIZE OR PORTION OF A PRIZE MAY BE SOLD, AUCTIONED, TRANSFERRED, EXCHANGED, OR REDEEMED FOR CASH.
Winners of any Prize will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with receiving and using a Prize. All expenses not specifically identified as included in a Prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of a Prize with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, Prize availability. Prizes are subject to availability. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Acceptance and use of a Prize is at winner’s sole risk, and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising in connection with the use or misuse of a Prize. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT REPLACE A LOST, MISPLACED, OR STOLEN PRIZE CARD OR COUPON CODE.
In consideration for being awarded a Prize, each Prize winner hereby agrees and consents to Sponsor’s use, without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind, of the Prize winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents, except where prohibited by law.
- Representations and Requirements for all Entrants. By entering the Promotion and providing an Entry, you understand that your Entry and information may be featured on or in Sponsor’s website, social media accounts, and other public and private marketing communications by Sponsor. By providing an Entry, you waive and release any rights you may have with respect to Sponsor using the Entry for Sponsor’s purposes, including commercial purposes. In addition, in order to participate in the Promotion, Entrants will be required to supply certain information about themselves. Sponsor will specify which information is mandatory in order to participate in a Promotion.
By providing an Entry and participating in the Promotion, you are opting-in to subscribe to and receive Sponsor’s promotional and marketing emails and newsletters. You may opt-out and unsubscribe from those communications per the instructions provided in those communications.
By entering the Entry in the Promotion, you make the following representations and warranties: (i) the Entry contains true and correct information and is your voluntary choice; (ii) if submitting an Entry on behalf of another person, you have permission and authority to enter the Entry on behalf of that individual and the individual is over eighteen (18) years of age and has notice of such Entry; (iii) your Entry does not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, unlawful or inappropriate content, or content disparaging to Sponsor – all as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion; (iv) your Entry does not violate the privacy, property, or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased; (v) your Entry does not copy or otherwise plagiarize information from or another person; and (vi) you agree to abide by these Official Rules. Entries should not contain any third party materials, copyrights, trademarks, logos or any other mark identifying a third party brand.
Any Entry that does not meet the requirements of this section or any other term or condition of these Official Rules will be disqualified and void, at Sponsor’s exclusive discretion.
- General Promotion Terms and Conditions. Entrants are solely responsible for complying with the Official Rules, terms, and conditions. Sponsor will not be responsible or liable in any manner for any Entrant’s or person’s inability to submit an eligible Entry, including, but not limited to, Entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed due to hardware, software, network or system errors or failures of any kind.
Sponsor may prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a Prize if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Submission of multiple Entries by or on behalf of any Entrant will result in ineligibility of all entries submitted for or on behalf of that Entrant.
The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. All Entrants agree to be bound by and follow these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of any Promotion without prior notification, and the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
If for any reason a Promotion is not capable of running as planned, then Sponsor reserves its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend a Promotion.
- Release; License to Use. Except where prohibited by law, an Entrant’s submission of an Entry constitutes the Entrant’s irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right, and permission for Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents, to use, publish, post, or display Entrant’s name, photograph, video, likeness, statements, information, city and state, Prize information, any quotes attributable to him or her, and any other indicia of person (regardless of whether modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising, trade, promotional, and publicity purposes, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further authorization, notification, opportunity to review, approval, or compensation of any kind. Each Entrant releases Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates the Sponsor, its affiliated entities, or its representatives and agents to make use of any of the rights granted in this Rules, and each Entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
- Limitations on Liability. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND REIMBURSE SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY, OR LOSSES TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF A PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents will not be responsible or otherwise liable for any reason for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages related to the Promotion. Everything relating to a Promotion is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Prize will be resolved individually and exclusively by binding arbitration to be held in Fayetteville, Washington County, Arkansas; (ii) all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant will be limited to lesser of actual out-of-pocket costs incurred or one thousand and forty dollars ($1,040); (iii) attorneys’ fees will not be awarded or available to Entrant; and (iv) this Promotion and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of Arkansas without giving effect to conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE HEREBY WAIVES AND RELEASES ANY RIGHT TO BRING A DISPUTE AS A CLASS ACTION OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SAME.
- List of Winners. To obtain a list of the Promotion winners, available thirty (30) days after the Promotion Period, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request to: Sauce Madness Promotion, Slim Chickens, 1088 E. Millsap Rd. Fayetteville, AR 72703.
- Copies of Official Rules. For a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by the Promotion Period to: Sauce Madness Promotion, Request for Official Rules, Slim Chickens, 1088 E. Millsap Rd. Fayetteville, AR 72703.