2019 KING BISCUIT BLUES FESTIVAL PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
This 2019 King Biscuit Blues Festival promotion (the “Promotion”) is offered by Slim Chickens Holdings, LLC (the “Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Individuals who participate in the Promotion are called an “Entrant” for the purposes of these official rules (the “Official Rules”).
- Eligibility. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Promotion is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia (the “Promotion Area”). Employees, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, franchisees, and owners of the Sponsor and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter or win. Past winners of other promotions and contests offered by Sponsor within the previous six (6) months and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter or win.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion begins August 26, 2019, and ends September, 20 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
- How to Enter. Entrants may enter the Promotion online by accessing and completing the entry form at www.slimchickens.com/ during the Promotion Period. Entrants will be asked to provide certain contact information and information about themselves. PLEASE NOTE: to be eligible to receive a Prize (see additional information below), entries must be received by Sponsor by 11:59 CST on the last day of the Promotion Period.
PLEASE NOTE: All Entrants will be automatically enrolled in the Slim Chickens eClub as a mandatory part of the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion and submitting an entry, you are agreeing to participate in the Slim Chickens eClub, including receiving periodic electronic communications from Sponsor.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE SLIM CHICKENS ECLUB: you may unsubscribe from the Slim Chickens eClub at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of every eClub communication and completing the process as instructed. However, for the purposes of the Promotion, you must remain a member of the Slim Chickens eClub during the Promotion Period to be eligible for a Prize.
Limit one entry per person. Sponsor will void any Entrant who submits ineligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. Illegible and incomplete entries will be void.
- Prizes; Winners. The Promotion features two (2) prizes (the “Grand Prize” or the “Prize”). Each Grand Prize will consist of two (2) three-day VIP passes to the 2019 King Biscuit Blues Festival (October 10-12, 2019, in Helena, Arkansas), and reservations for one (1) hotel room at the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lula or Best Western Hotel from October 10, 2019, through October 12, 2019.
The Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected. After the end of the Promotion Period, Sponsor or its agent will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Two (2) randomly selected Entrant will receive the Grand Prize.
The maximum cash equivalent of the Grand Prize will be limited to One Thousand and Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00).
Limit one (1) prize per winner. The Grand Prize are subject to availability. No portion of the Grand Prize may be transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute all or any portion of the Grand Prize with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, availability. All expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of winner. The Grand Prize are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance and use of the Grand Prize is at winner’s sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising in connection with the use or misuse of the Grand Prize. Winners of the Grand Prize will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with receiving and using the Grand Prize.
The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. All entries have the same statistical odds to win.
Notification of the winner will occur within five (5) business days after the winner is randomly selected. The selected individual will be notified according to the contact information provided by the Entrant in the Entry. The winner will be required to complete and return to Sponsor an identity verification questionnaire and a liability and publicity release within three (3) days, or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor may select an alternate winner (and in such case this process will be repeated).
In consideration for being awarded the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner hereby agrees and consents to Sponsor’s use, without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind, of the winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents, except where prohibited by law.
- Entry Requirements. In order to participate in the Promotion, Entrants will be required to supply certain information about themselves. Sponsor has specified which information is mandatory in order to participate in the Promotion. By entering the Promotion and providing an entry, you understand that your entry and information may be featured on or in Sponsor’s website, social media accounts, and other public and private marketing communications. By providing an entry, you waive and release any rights you may have with respect to Sponsor using the entry and the submitted information for Sponsor’s purposes, including commercial purposes.
By entering the Promotion and submitting an entry, you are enrolling in the Slim Chickens eClub as a mandatory part of the Promotion, and you hereby agree to receive periodic electronic communications from Sponsor as a member of the Slim Chickens eClub.
YOU MAY UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE SLIM CHICKENS ECLUB AT ANY TIME by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of every eClub communication and completing the process as instructed. However, for the purposes of the Promotion, you must remain a member of the Slim Chickens eClub during the Promotion Period to be eligible for a Prize.
By entering the Promotion and submitting an entry, you make the following representations and warranties to Sponsor: (i) the entry contains true and correct information and is your voluntary choice; (ii) if submitting an entry on behalf of another person, you have permission and authority to enter the entry on behalf of that individual and the individual is over eighteen (18) years of age and has notice of such entry; (iii) your entry does not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, unlawful or inappropriate content, or content disparaging to Sponsor – all as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion; (iv) your entry does not violate the privacy, property, or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased; (v) your entry does not copy or otherwise plagiarize information from or another person; and (vi) you agree to abide by these Official Rules. Entries should not contain any third party materials, copyrights, trademarks, logos or any other mark identifying a third party brand. Sponsor reserves the right to void and/or remove any entry that it considers in its exclusive discretion to violate any of the above representations and warranties.
Any entry that does not meet the requirements of this section and otherwise in these Official Rules will be disqualified and void.
- General Promotion Conditions. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Promotion is further subject to these Official Rules. Entrants are solely responsible for complying with all terms and conditions of the Official Rules. All Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Promotion without prior notification, and the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
All entrants are solely responsible for maintaining the technological, hardware, and internet capabilities required to submit entries. Sponsor will not be responsible or liable in any manner for any Entrant’s or person’s inability to submit an eligible Entry, including, but not limited to, entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed due to hardware, software, network or system errors, or failures of any kind.
Sponsor may prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a Prize if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, then Sponsor reserves its right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion without compensation.
- Release; License to Use. Except where prohibited by law, an Entrant’s submission of an entry constitutes the Entrant’s irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right, and permission for Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents, to use, publish, post, or display Entrant’s name, image, likeness, statements, information, city and state, Prize information (as applicable), any quotes attributable to him or her, and any other indicia of person (regardless of whether modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising, trade, promotional, and publicity purposes, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further authorization, notification, opportunity to review, approval, or compensation of any kind. Each Entrant releases Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates the Sponsor, its affiliated entities, or its representatives and agents to make use of any of the rights granted in this Rules, and each Entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
- Limitations on Liability. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND REIMBURSE SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (INCLUDING THE PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY, OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE, A PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sponsor and its affiliated entities, representatives, and agents will not be responsible or otherwise liable for any reason for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages related to the Promotion, including any access to or use of the website or any downloading from or printing material from the website. Everything on the website is provided “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either expressed or implied.
- No Rights to King Biscuit Trademarks. All rights in the King Biscuit Blues Festival name and all related marks and designs (collectively, “Trademarks”) are owned and reserved by third parties, whether or not appearing with the trademark symbol. The Trademarks are used by Sponsor in the Promotion with permission. Entrants are expressly prohibited from using any Trademarks, and nothing otherwise stated or implied in the Promotion or these Official Rules confers on any Entrant any license or right to do so. All use of any such Trademarks by Entrants, including reproduction or imitation, is unauthorized and prohibited
- List of Winners. To obtain a list of the Promotion winners, available ten (10) days after the Promotion Period, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request to: King Biscuit Blues Festival Promotion, Slim Chickens Holdings, LLC, c/o Archetype Productions LLC, 831 S. School Ave. Fayetteville, AR 72701.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Prize or Grand Prize will be resolved individually and exclusively by binding arbitration to be held in Fayetteville, Washington County, Arkansas; (ii) all claims, judgments and awards on behalf of Entrant will be limited to lesser of actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by the Entrant or the maximum cash equivalent of the applicable Prize; (iii) attorneys’ fees will not be awarded or available to Entrant; and (iv) this Promotion and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of Arkansas without giving effect to conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE HEREBY WAIVES AND RELEASES ANY RIGHT TO BRING A DISPUTE AS A CLASS ACTION OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SAME.
- Copies of Official Rules. For a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by the last day of the Promotion Period to: King Biscuit Blues Festival Promotion, Request for Official Rules, Slim Chickens Holdings, LLC, c/o Archetype Productions LLC, 831 S. School Ave. Fayetteville, AR 72701.
SPONSOR: Slim Chickens Holdings, LLC, c/o Archetype Productions LLC, 831 S. School Ave. Fayetteville, AR 72701
ADMINISTRATOR: Archetype Productions LLC, 831 S. School Ave. Fayetteville, AR 72701